Our school council play an active role in the life of our school. Two class representatives are elected from each class (year 2 – year 6) creating a school council of 20 children. The council meet at least every half term to bring the child voice of the school alive and make sure it is heard throughout the school.
This year has already been busy with:
- Discussing and resigning the old garden area. Plans are in place and an update will follow.
- The next discussion was around the celebration of winning the weekly attendance award and whether we still want to have a non-uniform day or whether we wanted a change but it was decided everyone was happy with the non-uniform day so it gets to stay!
- The councillors have helped out at the Macmillan coffee morning.
- The councillors have helped out at the Children In Need coffee morning.
- The biggest mission we have started so far is improving the recycling around the school. Mr Tuckwood was invited to the meeting and we launched the campaign by writing letters to the caretaker and kitchen staff. (You can find the minutes below). The councillors held their own competition to design the label for the new recycling baskets which will be in every room. More details of this project will follow in the new year.